Registration Starts Thursday, February 25, 2020
COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program
Tenants should note the following general information:
Need help submitting the application?
If you do not have access to a computer or the internet, get help from a family member, friend or other trusted contact who has access to the internet. Make sure you have your photo ID and proof of residence or utility bill(s) to submit application online
Tenant Eligibility Requirements
Tenants must provide the following:
- Personal ID or other method of ID (e.g. utility bill, voter registration form, or school registration form)
- Copy of the executed or signed lease or if no written lease, required certification proving tenancy
- Income: evidence of employment, unemployment, separation/termination, reduction/loss of work hours, pay, benefits, etc… (options include the following):
- Paystub for the past 30 days
- Termination/separation letter
- Unemployment benefits letter
- 2019 income tax filings
- Public assistance program documentation (WIC, SNAP, TANF-TX, etc…)
- Self-certification of income if below 60% of median area income
- Tenant APPLICATION completed
- Tenant CERTIFICATION FORM completed
Tenants Will Be Required to Prove and/or Certify:
- PROOF OF TENANCY: If no written lease, tenant(s) must certify lease term, rent amount, and ability to provide proof of tenancy (e.g. through utility bill, cancelled check or money order).
- NO DUPLICATION OF BENEFITS: Tenant(s) have not received rental assistance for the same months of rent and will not seek such assistance in the future for the covered months. Tenant(s) have not previously received rental assistance funded with CARES
funds that, together with this assistance, will exceed 6 months in total.
- COVID-19 IMPACT: Household has been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.